Dental Health Check-up
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
What′s true for almost everyone on this planet (except the really lucky ones) is that, at some points in their lives, people will need dental care. The mouth is resistant to many bacteria that constantly invade it and teeth have their weak spots and eventually they will be exposed to decay and or plaque build up.
Dental health check-up generally takes about 20-30 minutes. Using a mouth mirror and a probe, our dentist will check all sides of every tooth.
At each dental health check-up, our dentist will:
- Examine your teeth, gums, and mouth;
- Ask about your general health and any problems you have had with your teeth, mouth, or gums since your last visit;
- Ask about, and give you advice on, your diet, smoking, and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits;
- Discuss with you a date for your next visit;
- Undertake any specialist investigations if required, such as X-Rays, or preventative treatments including an oral cancer screening;
- Formulate a plan of any necessary action together with the patient
Generally, the lower your risk of dental problems, the longer you can wait before your next dental health check-up. So people with good oral health will probably need to attend only once every 12 to 24 months, but those with more problems will need dental health check-ups more often.
To enjoy the high standard of care we offer here at Streatfield Dental Surgery, call today on 0208 204 9485 and make an appointment.